Monday 13 August 2012

Inspiration 1

The Blair Witch Project trailer

The Blair Witch project was my the first trailer that inspired me due to the fact that it was an old horror that was well known for it being a 'found footage' film and not many people make these type of films, also everyone knows about The Blair Witch Project even if they havent watched it before.

One aspect I like about the trailer is at the very beginning where there is a short paragraph giving you a teaser to what the film is about and making you want to watch the rest of the trailer which I will try and use in my own trailer. I also like how there is random images of the woods/forest going on as well as news stories about the people in the film but also quite dramatic luring music going on in the background, for my own trailer I want to try and use this type of music as I think it builds up tension for the viewer and makes them want to watch even more.

Although I do not like how the trailer only shows the smallest amount of the actual 'found footage' at the end, I think more should have been shows to make the viewer more interested in the trailer as they would know more of what has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment