Thursday 17 January 2013

Final movie poster

Above is my Final Poster for my horror film after attempting with various techniques. My inspiration for this poster came from the sight and sound magazine covers, I liked the maturity of their covers and how they take something simple but make it effective and have an impact on the reader. I also like how when you look at sight and sound covers after the first few seconds of looking at the cover you will know what you are going to see throughout its content and that is what i wanted to try and show in my poster; I wanted to create something where you know basically what is going to happen by the tag lines and quotes yet you still question the movie. I wanted my poster to look like it came from an independent film company so that it would attract the more mature, cerebral audience instead of the type of audience horrors normally attract which is teenagers who are immature. By creating my poster with an indie look it makes people realise it wont have the same cliches that a horror made by a well known company would have and to make it stand out against other films of its genre. One thing I like about my poster is how everything is kept from the middle downwards and the top half of the poster is left bare, this is so that everything you need to know it all focused around the picture, which catches your attention first, once you have noticed the picture the writing around it is then your next source of attention and you start relating things together and questioning things about the poster. I also like how the red used is not what you would normally see on a horror poster, the typical black and white, it catches your attention because it is bright but also relates to danger and blood the type of things you'd relate to that colour associate as well with horror. Due to having these type of colours the white writing stands out and is easy to read unlike some posters you might read, also the font of the writing makes it look like it is a documentary which is the type of thing i wanted to show in my poster like 'the blair witch project'. I created this poster by using my own images that I had taken and editing them using the programme Photoshop and the various editing tools that it has installed on it. Overall I am pleased with the out come of my poster and I think it has an effective final look to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment