Thursday 17 January 2013

Inspiration 3



















This magazine cover by sight and sound has influenced my decisions for my poster and magazine cover. It has made me want to create both pieces of my work using a simple effect and not over crowding the page so therefore it is easy to focus on everything on the cover without ignoring any bit of information given. I think the image used is effective as it as if she is looking at the audience and it draws your attention to want to read it; although the writing over the face 'funny games' gives the cover a witty tone to it. With this magazine being quite indie and not your typical mainstream magazine it makes it more interesting a for a specific type of audience which is what I want my magazine and poster to be like. One thing I do not like about this cover is the yellow in the right corner with the barcode in it I think it takes up too much space and draws attention away from other things on the poster.


















Above is another magazine that has inspired me for my own movie magazine, one reason this has inspired me is for the simplicity of the colours, I want to use basic colours in my own magazine that you would only recognise for my magazine and not associate it with any others like what is used for this magazine. I also will use similar quotes to this magazine in my own work to make it seem more realistic and like something you would actually see in a store. One thing I do not like is I find the cover to be too crowded with text and I would make it more simpler in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment