Sunday 5 May 2013

Evaluation question 1

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products ?
Above are some screenshots from my media trailer. In the first screen shot it shows the genre of my trailer due to the way the person is looking around scared in the dark with only a torch but also in the trailer you can hear her panting and saying how scared she is which is showing that something horrible is going to happen. This relates to real life media situations as when you watch horror trailers you normally always will see someone panicking and looking worried about some sort of noise/figure even if it is just for a brief amount of time, as it gives the audience an idea that something bad/strange is going to happen and builds the suspense/horror. In my second screenshot below the first is shows the title of my trailer 'Lost in the Forest' I placed this towards the end of my trailer for one the obvious reason that people needed to know what film to see but also because the font and the colour relates back to my magazine cover and also my movie poster so people would recognise the two, this tends to be what people in actual real life movie scenes do so that people can associate the two and it makes it so there is more for them to actually talk about. In the third screenshot it shows a quote from my film this relates to real life media products due to the fact a similar technique was used in the 'Blair witch project', they used a technique like this to give the audience a brief idea of what the film is about. Also making them come up in their own mind their own opinion of what is going to happen, but also after watching the trailer and seeing this quote they will question what is going to happen in the film and want to go and see it even more to find out if they were right about the film.  In my screenshot across the bottom of my page it shows the soundtrack that I have used throughout my trailer. I selected this soundtrack from youtube and created it in to an mp3 to put in to my trailer, this type of music relates to real life media products as it is a mix from various 'blair witch project' soundtracks, and also this goes well with my trailer as it starts off quiet and slow but as the trailer progresses the music gets slightly more louder and dramatic to build up tension and keep people in suspense like what an actual movie trailer would do. My fifth screenshot shows a print screen of my location from google maps, this relates back to a real life media situation as when selecting my location I had to go and see where would be the best for lighting, space, where actually looked like it could be from a real movie such as 'the blair witch project' it was all about the selection process for getting a good setting for the base of my work. The next screenshot shows a section of my footage clip with the edit 'dip to black' I selected this edit as it is something you see in actual movie footage where the screen will go to black even for less than a second and then something will come straight afterwards this adds dramatic effect to the trailer and makes people question what is going to come next in the trailer and puts them in suspense. My last screen shot is of the first shot of footage in my trailer where the actors are all just walking in to the woods calmly like nothing has happened, I like this as it firstly calms the audience making them feel safe but also gives a build up of what is about to come in the trailer that would shock them and put them on edge which is what you tend to see in real life horror trailers they try to comfort the audience before they show them any shocking footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment