Thursday 9 May 2013

Evaluation question 3

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

To gather audience feedback for my main task and for my ancillary texts I basically gathered people from my lesson aged 17/18 and got them to have a discussion to give their views on each piece. The type of feedback I was given about my trailer was along the lines of it was a trailer that left you questioning what was going to happen as it was such a simple trailer. I asked my group questions such as what they thought the genre of my trailer was? Which they all responded with horror, I was happy with this as this is what I was hoping they would recognise. I also asked how the trailer made them feel when watching it? Their were various answers to this such as it made some feel on edge, slightly confused as to what is going to happen, shocked, quite scared for the people in the trailer; I was happy with this feedback as I wanted to create a trailer that confused people and made them question my trailer and according to my group discussion I managed to achieve this. I also asked if there was anything my group would recommend me to change if I were to create my trailer again? The most common response was that I could change some of the clips to add more variety as it was quite repetitive and that it could also be made slightly longer to show more of the trailer which is something I would consider if I were to remake my trailer. Finally I asked if my group would go to watch my film? The majority said yes as they wanted to know what happened in the film as the trailer left them questioning and feeling curious, a few said they wouldn't as they were more in to the stalker/bloody horrors that are out and not the documentary style that mine is based around. The overall view for my ancillary texts was positive as they found them to be simple but effective as it left them guessing and wanting to read more in the magazine, but in the poster they found it interesting as it gave you enough information about the film and the right quotes were used to tease the audience so that they would feel like they had to go and see the film. Also they all said that they liked how both texts related to each other due to the text, colours and model being used all the same so if they saw them they would automatically relate the two and it would probably give them more a of a reason to go and see the film if they knew more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment